Jared

• View Profile
Hello
« on: March 23, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »

I just realized I completely skipped introducing myself earlier:

Where are you from?  Duluth, MN
Are you married?  To a wonderful woman.
Have any kids?  Not yet.  Planning to.
What kind of business are you in?  Public accounting-- which explains why my participation in this forum hasn't been consistent this time of year.
Got any hobbies?  Construction, hunting, camping, travelling, football
What do you do on the weekend?  typically renovating my rental properties and listening to good podcasts :)

Clay

• Host of SGP
  • Administrator
  • Teacher - Firefighter - Husband - Gentleman
    • View Profile
    • Skilled Gentlemen Podcast
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:13:20 AM »

Well hello then!  What is public accounting?  is that tax preparation or financing?  Where all have you traveled?

hoguen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »

Hello Jared. 

How have you been doing rental properties?  I had a duplex at one time.  Nothing to serious.  Well take it easy.  Hope to hear more in the future. 

Nick

Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »

Clay: public accounting is a pretty broad category-- anything from tax prep, to audit, and other things that will make your eyes glaze over if I continue to list them.  I've done a little bit of everything and now have settled more into the tax prep/business advising sort of thing.  As for travel: the big trips have been to Japan, Scotland, and Kenya-- plenty of other domestic trips.  Love getting out and seeing new people/places.

Hoguen:  We're loving the rental thing!  Our first house was a duplex and we're looking to pick up the next property this fall/winter. It was pretty much a complete remodel-- probably overdid it a little bit with all of our new-homeowner excitement.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!  I love what you have started with the forum and I look forward to contributing.  That said, now is a crazy time of year for my profession and I won't be able to participate nearly as much as I plan to after tax day!