You do not just marry the girl, you marry the whole family. Regardless of how you feel about them, you have to find a way to get along with the in-laws. This can be a tricky situation to find yourself in. Rather or not you are first meeting them or established within the family, you have to at least try. Try to have a relationship with them for the sake of your marriage. It is a hallmark of a Gentleman to be able to get along with people if differing ideas.
This topic was requested by a listener of the show. If you have your own idea for a show topic, please find a way to tell me. Email, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, or a comment all are superb ways to get in contact with me. I will do my best to get you the quality information that you need for your topic.
How do you get along with your in-laws?
- Tips to getting the in-laws to like you
- pay attention to your surroundings
- get to know them
- be formal around them
- be honest
- Take initiative around them
- How to deal with them if you are way to different
- stand up for yourself
- don’t talk about subjects that you don’t want to talk about
- keep a healthy distance between you and them
- know that you can pull the plug on the night
- My own personal situation
- And if all else fails, how to deal with them for a few hours at a time
- keep your head low
- let your spouse end the night, not you
- stay off your phone
- be respectful
Resources used in the show:
Thank you for listening. Please find us on Facebook,iTunes,Twitter,Youtube,Zello and Pinterest and follow or subscribe to keep up with us. The wheels are always turning over here in the office. Sign up for the newsletter to get all updates to the podcast with your email address. All comments, complaints, concerns, or questions please either comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org